Donate to the Grapevine

Express your thanks by leaving the pirate a tip!

December 11, 2008

Gone but not forgotten


Another blog done gone...

Well the other day the great Broke Down Engine went off the rails and out of the blogosphere.

But someone was watching carefully, and took some detailed snapshots.

The nefarious privateer known as "Grapeseeder" seems to have a knack for crafting impeccable look-alikes (he even looks like me!). He salvaged a complete map of the treasure from the burning Broken Down Engine, before it disappeared.

He has also offered to let me begin unloading my chests full of musical treasure onto his blog-ship. So links may begin to disappear from this blogship soon (in order to stay afloat in these tempestuous waters), but fear not, they'll resurface over at the Trout Mask Replicator.

Make sure you bookmark it too, because this post may self-destruct after a period of time, if things get too hot.

You see, Broke Down Engine is just the latest in a series of recent blog-closures. And I'd rather not see the Grapevine be next, because there's a lot of work in it and I consider it a valuable resource to the community (links or no). So when you don't see a link you're looking for, check at the Replicator before asking after it in the comments. It doesn't pay to advertise pillaged booty.

I hope you understand the writing between the lines here. I know it may be difficult for some of the international readers, but those who want to figure it out will.

Enjoy. I'll be posting again soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have the last disc of "Uncle Dave Macon Keep My Skillet Good And Greasy"
Broke Down Engine was just about to post it?

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are still with us.

Anonymous said...

You wouldn't happen to know where I could find a banjo player that made a visit to McCabe's in the 70's, would you? Or for that matter, if he ever achieved "rhapsody" during that same period?

The Irate Pirate said...

to anonyous 1, no i don't. perhaps he'll send it along to the replicator at some point. but take a look at anonymous 3's comment, for good 'between the lines' form.

to anonymous 2, me too.

to anonymous 3, it seems the hungry rivers of time swallowed up mccabe's shop, but in their wake they unearthed some rhapsodies, which I was just listening to today.

brokedownengine said...

Uncle Dave Macon Disc 9:
http://rapidshare.com/files/162008815/Uncle_Dave_Macon_-_Keep_My_Skillet_Good_And_Greasy_Cd9_.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/169512938/Disc_9__track_29___30_.zip

I am humbled by and thankful for your efforts Irate Pirate.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much.
Will you use some other way to share your knowledge of music?