Every note on this album sings. Every single melody line shines with the relaxed precision and care for details that comes from a lifetime of playing music. The theme is old-world meets new-world, but it isn't spelled out for you. It's just a natural fusion that occurs in Peter, being a man born of two worlds. In other words, there's nothing exotic here. Nothing sounds out-of-place. It all sounds as though it was meant to be this way. And with our cities becoming increasingly multicultural, with the emergence of the internet as a meeting ground and melting pot of divergent ideas, who's to say it's not meant to be this way?
Listen to this album, and have all doubts stricken from you. This is original music that claims its own place at the crossroads of many traditions. It is as fresh-sounding today as it was 25 years ago when it was recorded.
Peter Ostroushko - Slüz Düz Music
Original American Dance Tunes with an Old World Flavor
Label: Flying Fish
1. The Last Stand - Ostroushko - 3:45
2. Friedrich Polka - Ostroushko - 3:23
3. Marjorie's Waltz - Ostroushko - 4:55
4. Fiddle Tune Medley: My Love,I Miss Her So/Farewell to Calgary - Ostroushko - 4:19
5. Burnt Biscuit Breakdown - Ostroushko - 4:55
6. Sleepy Jesus Rag - Ostroushko - 3:44
7. Slüz-Düz Polka - Ostroushko - 3:45
8. Katerina's Waltz - Ostroushko - 4:28
9. Christian Creek - Ostroushko - 4:00
10. Co. Kerry to Kiev Medley: Mcintyres Hornpipe/The Mist on the Lake/Mci - Ostroushko - 7:01
hop to the hopaks.
vinyl | mp3 >256kbps vbr | w/ scans
or for those of you who are audiophiles:
Now, in FLAC!
And I'm still looking for the following albums by him:
Peter Ostroushko - Down the Streets of My Old Neighborhood
Peter Ostroushko - Postcards
Peter Ostroushko - Bluegrass (or other albums from Lifescapes, if they're any good)
Peter Ostroushko - Coming Down from Red Lodge
Peter Ostroushko - When the Last Morning Glory Blooms
Peter Ostroushko - Peter Joins the Circus
Peter Ostroushko presents the Mando Boys
The Mando Boys Live - Holstein Lust