Donate to the Grapevine

Express your thanks by leaving the pirate a tip!

July 16, 2009

Jug Free America


Hello Irate Pirate,

I saw that you had posted something from the Dough Rollers. They're friends of mine and great musicians and I'm also a big fan of your blog. Based on their music, I thought you might be interested in my old jug band called Jug Free America. I did a post about that band on my blog, DownHomeRadioShow.com where I posted our album. That's at http://www.downhomeradioshow.com/2008/03/jug-free-america-a-notable-21st-century-jug-band/ . I thought you might enjoy our music, and if you want to post it up on your site that would be really cool.

Many thanks for all the awesome music!

Bests,

Eli

p.s. I have a new band, with one of the same guys as is in the Dough Rollers. We're called The Dust Busters: http://www.myspace.com/dustbustersmusic


Really awesome music, guys! Inventive, eclectic, and solid. Some of the best jug-band music I've heard in a long time! You really understand how to mix the unlikely tones of your instruments into a sound that is both raw and clear, fully lives up to the tradition of our great jug-bearing forerunners. Jug Free America!!!

To all my readers: download their album!

PS, nice blog/radio show

1 comment:

Eli Smith said...

Hey Pirate,

Awesome. Thanks!

Eli